Welcome to Big Warriors Linemen Blog!

This is a great place to network with us. Who are we? A group of Local Coaches from the Western US and Hawaii...as well as Japan, New Zealand, Samoa, and beyond. Our network is designed to take a small group of past players and coaches that know what it takes to make it to the next level in Football. From Friday Night Lights to Saturday game day... we are here to help you make that leap. Most players never make it...and some that do make it probably were not the best at their position. Like many things in life it is the "Who you know" factor. Together we will track some of the best up and coming linemen and athletes in the Western State and Pacific Islands. If you think you got the right stuff and want our help... by all means contact us. The help and advice is free.... so no promises. We can not turn a Hyundai into a Hummer but we will sure try and help...if your willing to work!

"My effort...is my mark.
I will give...so much effort,
That my mark...will not fade."


Sunday, July 08, 2007

Antonio Guice recruiting going Great Summer of 2007

Good Thing Going

By Allen Wallace
National Recruiting Editor
Posted Jun 28, 2007

Demetrius Guice's first scholarship offer was from California in May and he says he'll visit the Bears in July. "I've been there once, but we just drove through the campus," Guice said. "It looked really nice and I like the environment a lot. Also, they have great academics and you can pretty much get a job anywhere with a degree from there..."

Demetrius Guice, the 6-foot-5, 240-pound three-star tight end from Central Catholic High School in Portland, Ore., played most of his junior season with a broken right hand and that's why he saw most of his time on defense. He finished the year with 55 tackles and two sacks.
Guice benches 260 pounds, squats 330 and runs the forty in 4.8.

"I think I am a good blocker and I use my height as an advantage," Guice said. "I can get the jump ball in the red zone and I have all right speed for my size. I also run great routes and have soft hands.

"Overall, I'd like to improve my strength and speed," he said. "I want to lower my forty time."

Guice, ranked No. 82 in the West by Scout.com, has offers from California, Washington and Portland State and his top two are the Bears and Huskies. Those two lead solidly over Oregon State, Oregon and UNLV.

"I was raised on Oregon State because my dad (Rudy Guice) played linebacker for them," he said. The Beavers are less than two hours from his house, but Guice says distance is not a factor. "I talk with both Oregon and Oregon State a lot, but they haven't talked about a scholarship yet," Guice said. "They said they really want to see me in person and invited me to their camps, but I won't be able to make it."

The only camp that Guice will be attending is Washington's on June 30. "I got a good feeling when I was there," he said. "I like the campus a lot. It's very close together and not spread out. I also like coach Ty Willingham. He runs a good program and they have a good thing going."

Guice's first scholarship offer was from California in May and he says he'll visit the Bears in July. "I've been there once, but we just drove through the campus," Guice said. "It looked really nice and I like the environment a lot. Also, they have great academics and you can pretty much get a job anywhere with a degree from there.

"A lot of people are telling me to commit before the season and that's what I'd like to do," he said. "If I don't get offers from Oregon or Oregon State this summer, then I think I'll just choose between Cal or Washington."

He reports a 2.2 core GPA and took the SAT on June 5. He's also taking math

No comments:

Big Bad Back!!

Big Bad Back!!
Brian Derby Camp 2006: Oregon

Go to Coach Dirks Real Estate Site!