Welcome to Big Warriors Linemen Blog!

This is a great place to network with us. Who are we? A group of Local Coaches from the Western US and Hawaii...as well as Japan, New Zealand, Samoa, and beyond. Our network is designed to take a small group of past players and coaches that know what it takes to make it to the next level in Football. From Friday Night Lights to Saturday game day... we are here to help you make that leap. Most players never make it...and some that do make it probably were not the best at their position. Like many things in life it is the "Who you know" factor. Together we will track some of the best up and coming linemen and athletes in the Western State and Pacific Islands. If you think you got the right stuff and want our help... by all means contact us. The help and advice is free.... so no promises. We can not turn a Hyundai into a Hummer but we will sure try and help...if your willing to work!

"My effort...is my mark.
I will give...so much effort,
That my mark...will not fade."


Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Big Kiwi Learns the Ropes!

(A Letter from a member of our Football Family in New Zealand)

Hello Dirk and Brian,

Here is a letter from William in relation to the Combine he also wanted to talk about the O-Line Camp ... I have some photos I'll e-mail them to you.

Dad please pass this on to Dirk ...

In December 2006 my Dad and I went to compete in the U.S Army All American Combine in San Antonio Texas. The best way for me to describe my experience there well, for a Kiwi this was like eating at Dairy Queen for the first time, it was just breath-taking. I mean the Alamo Dome was HUGE, and the atmosphere occupying it was phenomenal.

The Coaches there were awesome and the drills they setup were just as great, it was really "dog-eat-dog" out there. The seminars really helped me and gave me an idea on what I had to do if I ever wanted to take football even further. To hear what people were saying about College life, goal setting, weight training, health and nutrition as well as how to achieve and stay focused in the classroom, really helped to put things in perspective. I always knew that I had to work hard to succeed, my parents have always taught me that, but now I know HOW MUCH work I have to do.

I believe there were 600 boys participating at the Combine, we went from 1 on 1 drills to blocking techniques to footwork drills and eventually we got to the actual Combine Testing. Like I said earlier it was "dog eat dog" and to be honest if it wasn't for Coach Brian Derby and Coach Dirk Knudsen and the Brian Derby Offensive Lineman Camp that I attended in Oregon late July I would not of competed as well as I did.

The Brian Derby Offensive Lineman Camp was awesome, from the drills to the coaches "its all good". I really owe it to Coach Brian Derby and his coaching staff, they teach you what it's all about to be a linemen from run blocking to pass blocking they really drill it into you. And when Coach Derby teaches you, had better listen I learned this first hand.

Even though the Brain Derby Offensive Linemen Camp went for 5 days, they taught me more then enough, as I said, I really owe them one, hopefully I will be back there this July.

2006 was a great year for me, after meeting awesome people like Coach Derby and Coach Knudsen, and then going on to San Antonio a lot of "doors have opened". I just want to thank Coach Brian Derby, Coach Dirk Knudsen, as well as Chris Fetters from scout.com and definitely the LORD for making this all happen.

William Hodgman

(To our readers: William is a 6'5" 290 pound 16 year old Linemen of Samoan and Fijian Heritage that is making a big name for himself and a hard worker. We thank him for his kind comments)



--
Dirk T Knudsen
President
Re\Max Hall of Fame
503-799-8383 (Cell)
http://www.theknudsens.com
www.derbycamp.com

No comments:

Big Bad Back!!

Big Bad Back!!
Brian Derby Camp 2006: Oregon

Go to Coach Dirks Real Estate Site!